As school kicks off this month, we thought it was an appropriate time to feature one of our amazing CrossFit Salus Teens athletes. Stella has been WOWing us for almost three years now! She started with the motivation to get stronger for school sports, but she also has the goal to crush the CrossFit Teens Open workouts next month. She’s one of our most consistent athletes, and the results show!
September 2019 Athlete of the Month: Stella Regina is Stronger for School Sports
1. When and why did you start CrossFit?
I started in 2017, but I was on and off because of school sports.
In January of 2019 I started up again and have been doing it straight through since then!
I started because my mom did it and it looked cool and fun!
I also wanted to become stronger for school sports.
2. How has your performance changed since you started CrossFit?
I am stronger and I am able to use more weight and perform the movements better.
3. Are there exercises you can do now that you couldn’t do before?
I can now do pull ups!! and I couldn’t even do one when I started.
4. How has your body physically changed since you started?
I am stronger and have definitely gained muscle but I’ve also had a huge growth spurt and grew three inches since 2017.
5. How has CrossFit changed you in other ways?
I am able to perform better and feel stronger in school sports and on runs.
When I am frustrated or stressed, WODs are the best way to clear my head!
6. How do you describe CrossFit to your friends at school?
A fun and challenging way to workout and become stronger.
7. What keeps you motivated to continue? What’s your “why”?
The fact the I am seeing improvements on my lifts makes me motivated to continue.
I want to keep getting better.
8. Favorite lift or WOD?
My favorite lift is a power clean!
It was challenging but such a great feeling to finish it.
9. What advice would you give to a newbie just joining CrossFit Salus?
Just push through even though it’s really hard.
Eventually you will start getting used to things. Although it will still be hard, it will also be a lot of fun.
10. What is your next goal to accomplish?
I want to be able to RX a WOD in the open!
11. If you could design your own WOD, what would it look like?
If I made my own WOD there would be multiple types of movements like pull ups and cleans and running!
12. Favorite thing to do for fun?
13. Favorite healthy dish….and favorite “splurge” meal?
I love broccoli with rice.
I also eat pasta and pizza and ice cream all the time so it’s not really a splurge 🙂
14. If you could be a superhero who would you be and why?
I would be supergirl so I can fly and be extra strong.
15. Favorite motivational quote?
“It’s going to be hard but hard doesn’t mean impossible”
16. Interesting fact not many people know about you.
I can tie cherry strings in a knot with my tongue!
Celebrating YOUR Success
Every month we feature a new “Athlete of the Month” like Stella, at CrossFit Salus. This is a member who has stuck out to us one way or another because of their amazing progress, grit, gains and community.
We love featuring these athletes – they inspire and motivate us every day. Do you have someone in mind? Let us know!
Read their stories to help you stay focused and motivated, too.