What is the 21-Day “FALL BACK” Foundation Nutrition & Lifestyle Challenge all about?
This 21-Day “FALL BACK” Foundation Nutrition & Lifestyle Challenge is all about helping you become the best version of yourself with accountability like never before.
Using nutrition as our foundation, we’ll also focus on hydration, exercise, mobility, sleep and motivation goals.
Because, when you have all these elements working together, you’ll experience positive changes with your performance, recovery, energy, body composition and more!
Our goal is to help you better understand the impact of your daily choices, so you can achieve sustainable results.
And, this time, you’ll not only be committing to yourself that you’re going to achieve these goals, you’ll have individual check-ins with Coach Angela and be committing to a partner who will help you stay accountable, too!
Who Can I Partner With?
Anyone. Anywhere. Nationwide.
Go ahead…partner up with a workout buddy, long-distance friend, neighbor, spouse… and let’s do this!
When Does It Start?
The 21-day nutrition and lifestyle challenge begins Monday, September 17 and runs through October 7.
Who Should Do the Nutrition & Lifestyle Challenge?
The 21-Day “FALL BACK” Foundation Nutrition & Lifestyle Challenge is for any adult (beginner, intermediate or advanced individuals) looking to experience positive changes in their performance, recovery, energy levels, body fat percentages, and get motivated, too!
Based on feedback from the last challenge, we will also run a separate teens and kids challenge as well.
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost of the challenge is $45 through Sept. 15.
After Sept. 15, the cost of the challenge is $48.
If you are a CrossFit Salus member or member of the TripleX Weightlifting Club, don’t forget to use your special discount code posted in our community page.
What Does the Cost Include?
New this time around! Before the challenge even begins, you’ll connect with Coach Angela to establish and outline your individual goals for the challenge. These customized goals will be the foundation for your own unique point system.
Once the challenge begins, you’ll receive the following:
- Accountability from your partner.
- Access to our FALL BACK Challenge online goal tracker (download the free app: Rise)
- Support through our private FALL BACK Challenge Facebook support group.
- All the education and motivation you need to confidently achieve your goals (posted on our Foundation Nutrition blog).
- Weekly email check-ins with Coach Angela to review goals, address individualized questions and overcome sticking points.
Are There Prizes?
We have prizes from Kettlebell Kitchen, MobilityWOD, RockTape, LifeAid, Trace Minerals, KT Tape, Birch Benders, CrossFit Salus private coaching and Foundation Nutrition coaching….AND MORE!
Nutrition Challenge Details
Improve your health & wellness in 21 days by focusing on 7 habits every day. Every goal on the list below will be customized to fit your lifestyle. Connect with Coach Angela before Sept. 15 to establish your own personal goals for the challenge.
- NUTRITION — Eat only whole (unprocessed), nutrient-dense foods from your food list and follow portion guidelines, eating only to “satisfied” instead of “stuffed”
- EXERCISE — Exercise for your set goal amount of time each day.
- MOBILITY — Stretch and/or roll for your set goal amount of time each day.
- SLEEP — Sleep your set goal of hours every night.
- HYDRATE — Drink your set goal amount of water daily.
- PERSONAL IMPROVEMENT — Establish a goal outside of work or exercise to keep you growing as an individual. Take the time to work on this goal for your set amount of time each day. (These goals can encompass anything from spirituality to charitable work to expanding your knowledge)
- MOTIVATE — Every day, share your experience about the FALL BACK challenge with your partner to help you both stay motivated.
Start each day with 22 points.
A complete Nutrition day is worth 10 points is is comprised of two parts.
Simply Eat Clean, Nutrient-Dense Foods- For the duration of this challenge, we encourage you to clean up your diet and eliminate processed foods while embracing nutrient-dense foods such as vegetables, fruits, good fats and high-quality proteins. Connect with Coach Angela to discuss your specific guidelines.
- Get 5 points for eating within your food guidelines.
- Get 2 points for making one positive change in your diet.
Portions– See portion guidelines for all the details.
- Get 5 points for following portion guidelines.
- Get 2 points for missing a meal or eating until you feel uncomfortable or “stuffed.”
A complete Exercise day is worth 2 points.
- Get 2 points for making your exercise goal.
- Get 1 point for doing “a little something.”
- 0 points for skipping your workout.
A complete Mobility day is worth 2 points.
- Get 2 points for making your mobility (stretching and/or rolling) goal.
- 0 points for missing the chance to be a supple leopard.
A complete Sleep day is worth 2 points.
- Get 2 points for making your sleep goal.
- 1 point for being within an hour of that goal.
- 0 points for anything less…zzzz
A complete Hydrate day is worth 2 points.
- Get 2 points for drinking your specific amount of water
- 1 point for drinking up to 80% of that.
- 0 points for anything less.
A complete Personal Improvement day is worth 2 points.
- Get 2 points for making an effort to work toward your personal improvement goal.
- 0 points for missing a day to become a better you.
A complete Motivate day is worth 2 points.
- Get 2 points for taking the time to reach out to your partner EVERY day of this challenge to help each other stay accountable and motivated for all 21 days. Some suggestions include: Swap Recipe ideas, arrange to swap pre-cooked meals, daily phone/text/email/tweet share success, struggles, tips, tricks, recipes, etc. or set-up a weekly phone call or in-person meet-up to talk about your progress
1 point: submitting your weekly weigh-in
1 point: submitting progress pictures on your app (these will not be shared)
1 point: submitting your weekly circumference
1 point: Bonus TBD
If there is a tie at the end of the challenge, we will refer to tiebreakers.
Considering this is a nutrition challenge, we’ll first look at the team who had the most points from both nutrition categories. And if there is still a tie, we’ll come up with a fitness-based tie-breaker challenge to ensure that only one team is victorious!
- Make the choice that you and your health goals are worth some extra effort.
- Tell your friends and family about it to help hold you accountable. Maybe you’ll motivate them to join you!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your individualized goals.
- Register now and get ready to Fall Back healthier than ever before.
Interested in something more in-depth?
Sign up for our 3-month Nutrition Coaching Program. Find out more at https://www.crossfitsalus.com/foundation-nutrition-coaching/.