The CrossFit Games Open is upon us…
If you’re new to CrossFit, don’t just tune out and assume that it’s only for the firebreathing CrossFit athletes. We know it might seem intimidating, but that’s why we’re here to support you and help you be the best version of yourself!
Here are just a few reasons why YOU (yes, you!) should compete in the CrossFit Games Open:
When you find yourself in a real competition, you’re instantly motivated to learn everything you can, as fast as you can.
Which is reason #1 to sign up for the CrossFit Games Open. When you sign up for a competition, your motivation level to learn suddenly increases 100%. Suddenly, you might pay closer attention in class, you might go watch some videos online, you have that burning desire to become a better version of you.
Competition can bring out your best.
Every time you hit one of your PR’s (personal records), it lifts you up for an entire day. And others share your excitement – from the high fives of celebration from other members to the amazement of friends and family. Personal bests are a community celebration.
Whether you come first, middle or last everyone is there to support you.
You are capable of more than you think.
When you sign up for the CrossFit Games, you’re bound to find out just exactly how much more you can accomplish before the clock runs out. And if you’re still worried about some advanced moves, like the muscle up…put those fears away.
The CrossFit Games Open now offers a scaled division, too!
So everyone can compete!
You’ll meet someone who inspires you and you will inspire others.
You just never know who is paying attention to what you do. But when you sign up to compete, you are showing everyone you aren’t afraid…and might encourage them to do the same.
You WILL kick butt.
If you’re new to CrossFit then we ESPECIALLY encourage you to sign up for the CrossFit Games Open. This competition will give you a baseline of your current capabilities. Then a year from then you can look back at your results and see how much you’ve improved.
And if you’ve been doing CrossFit for a while, then this will give you a great opportunity to test yourself. There’s absolutely no downside to competing, and you just might surprise yourself.
Here’s brief rundown on how the CrossFit Open works:
- A new workout will be released each week for 5 weeks.
- The workouts are released on Thursday nights and scores are due Monday nights.
- We will complete them together in all classes on Friday, you will have Sunday Basic Training to make up any missed WODs.
- Each week we will do the workout & you will submit your score for that weeks’ Open workout- the same one that thousands around the WORLD will be doing.
- Each Open WOD will be judged – and there is a very very strict NO REP rule implemented (years past people have caught cheating the athletes and judges were disqualified).
- Anyone can (and should) be a judge; learn more in the online judges course.
- This year, we will be doing things a little differently. Instead of intramural teams, we will rally together as ONE. #LisaStrong
One strong, amazing community here to support our friend and coach ?.
- Get fired up! Get and give support from members while they compete and strive for their best.
Identify your goals if you haven’t yet…hunt them down and….CRUSH THEM. Who’s in?!
Sign up now at games.crossfit.com.
Want more health and fitness tips? Check out our recent posts:
- Do I Need to Count Macros?
- Choosing a Jump Rope
- Looking for Natural Remedies for Cold and Flu Season?
- Importance of Staying Hydrated
- Bar Muscle-Up Progressions
- Olympic Weightlifting in NJ: Some Basics
- Is Sugar Bad?
- Mobility for CrossFit: Why You Need to Do It
- What to Expect During Your First CrossFit Class