Spaghetti squash is a delicious and healthier alternative to most pastas. This veggie is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and it’s also higher in fiber and vitamin C. Try this delicious spaghetti squash recipe as a low-carb alternative to pasta, combined with veggies, protein, and healthy fats.
Feel free to mix in with your favorite brown rice or lentil pasta or simply enjoy the squash on its own.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Fresh chopped veggies like peppers, tomato, kale, spinach
- All the garlic (technical measurement)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1a. In the Instapot: Pierce the spaghetti squash with a knife to vent, and place it on the trivet with a cup of water in the pot. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes for a 3-pound squash. Cool slightly and then cut in half.
1b. Or the oven: Cut squash in half first. Preheat oven to 400° and cook for approx 40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with parsley, oregano and basil. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook 7-9 minutes on each side.
3. Separate strands of squash with a fork, discard seeds if you haven’t already.
4. Serve with chicken and the rest of your chopped veggies.
This amazingly healthier version of everyone’s favorite without compromising taste is a must try!