Butternut Squash Nutrition
Fall is here and so is my obsession for warm butternut squash soup.
Butternut squash is a nutritional powerhouse. Loaded with vitamins (A, B, C and E), minerals ( magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron), this immune-boosting, cancer-fighting, this winter squash is about to become your favorite fall food.
Not only is this soup recipe satisfying (and kid-approved) but highly nutritious.
Salus Approved Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 1 Butternut squash (shaved and seeds removed)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 green apple
- 1 med carrot
- 1 onion
- fresh ginger
- fresh garlic
- Tsp coconut oil
- 2-4 cups bone broth of choice
- Spices to taste: salt, pepper, Cayenne, cinnamon
Combine all in crock pot and cook on low for about 6 hours…
Once all is cooked up, use an immersion blender to smooth it out.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
Blend again & enjoy!