Welcome to the Salus Nutrition 60STRONG Challenge!
This is a 60-day challenge designed to focus on building healthy habits you can sustain for LIFE.
When is the Challenge
Start date: Monday, April 17
End date: Thursday, June 15 (just in time for the first day of summer)
How to Join
- Register with your gym: Salus or Andare and tell a friend!
- Download the App: Wodify Rise (Google Play Store / Apple Apps)
- Read the rules (below) and print out the food list to get prepared for week 1.
- 2 POINTS
- Points apply to previous night’s sleep
- Everyone’s sleep needs are different. State the time that leaves you feeling rested. Commit to getting that amount of sleep every night.
- AND turn off all electronics 15 minutes before bedtime.
- Refer to specific sleep recommendations for your age range. And find more sleeping tips and bedtime routine tips on our blog.
- 2 POINTS
- Follow a nutrition plan designed towards your goals. (ie: macros, paleo, etc)
- This will be entered in the “food journal” section where you can snap a picture of your plate or write what you ate in the comments.
- No alcohol, and no cheat meals!
- Not sure which diet to follow? Eat only whole (unprocessed), nutrient-dense foods from the food list and follow portion guidelines.
- Note: for youth, we want the focus to be on adding in nutrient-dense foods and using this as an opportunity to teach them about healthy replacements. For example, encourage them to try a new vegetable at dinner (level 1) or to replace their morning cereal with eggs and fruit.
- 2 POINTS
- Train every day for at least 45 minutes.
- Active recovery counts (ex: yoga, walking)
- Can be broken up throughout the day.
- Dedicate time in your schedule each week to make exercise and manage stress a priority. Remember, a little bit of activity goes a long way. Whether it’s a walk outside or a superset of pushups and sit ups, any exercise is better than no exercise. That’s why getting up and moving around is a big component of our challenge.
- 2 POINTS
- Drink 100 ounces of water every day. We know it seems like a lot, but keep in mind, athletes (YOU) can lose 1-2 percent of your body weight very quickly when you’re exercising intensely – and even more-so in a hot, humid environment.
- Use this equation for a more exact measurement – helpful for smaller framed individuals.
- ➡Estimate your precise fluid needs by using this calculation:
Body weight in pounds divided by 2.2= Body weight in kg
Body weight in kg x 30-40 mL of water
If you prefer to work in ounces, take that number in mL and divide it by 29.5
RECOVERY (for mind and/or body)
- 1 POINT
- Recover the mind (ex: destress activity, meditate, pray) at least 10 minutes a day.
- Implement stress-relieving techniques to take better care of your mind, body and spirit. This can be meditation, yoga, taking a bath, walking, organizing a messy area, talking to a friend, drawing, getting a massage, taking a nap, etc. Everyone is affected by stress differently, so try a variety of strategies to discover which ones are the most effective for you.
- And/or recover the body (ex: stretch, foam roll) at least 10 minutes a day.
- Mobility, stretching, myofascial release, etc., can alleviate ‘everyday’ aches and pains as well as improve our body awareness & performance.
- Or a mix of both.
- 1 POINT
- Get active outside for at least 15 minutes every day.
- Research shows that getting exposure to sunlight in the morning can help you sleep at night because it helps reset your body’s inner “sleep clock.”
- 1 POINT
- Read or listen to 10 minutes of nonfiction book – choose something that will motivate you to pursue your own goals.
PROGRESS PICTURES AND MEASUREMENTS
- 1 POINT per week
- Additionally, take a progress picture & measure weight every week (not every day).
- During the challenge, you’ll have the opportunity to earn BONUS points.
- These are in-challenge rewards for healthy behaviors.
Choose your Home Gym
- You DO NOT have to be a member to join this challenge.
- SALUS: salus60strong.wodifyrise.com
- ANDARE: andare60strong.wodifyrise.com
REGISTER on your desktop.
- Click the REGISTER button in the top right corner on your desktop and follow the prompts. All fields must be complete to move on to the next page.
- Define your Sleep time, Nutrition strategy and your “why”
Download WODIFY RISE on your mobile device.
- You’ll record your points on the WODIFY RISE app, staying accountable with like-minded friends.
- Climb the leaderboard as you build your streak and make daily progress.
Take it to another level with 3 months of Salus Nutrition Coaching.
- Not sure what diet to follow? Need a more individualized approach? Save $67.50 when you sign up for the challenge and 3 months of Salus Nutrition Coaching at the same time.
Tell a friend.
- Increase accountability by inviting friends and family to join you. They DO NOT have to be an Andare members to join.
- “You’re the average of the five people spend the most time with”
Decide- Make a decision that your health is worth it and attack your goals head on!
Commit- Tell your friends and sign up for the challenge together for the ultimate level of accountability.
Attack- Join as an induvial or partner up with a friend. But, remember – everyone is on their own journey, so you have options! Choose a level for each goal and challenge yourself to make at least one positive change every day. They all add up!
IT’S THAT SIMPLE.
Looking for Healthy Alternative to Your Favorite Recipes?
Check out these healthy meal makeovers that taste good, too at https://salusnj.com/faq/where-can-i-find-approved-recipes/