Wow, what a great start to the competition season! The CrossFit Games OPEN 18.1 was a huge success, energy at the box was OFF THE CHARTS!
Congratulations to everyone who participated and thank you to everyone who came out to cheer on all the athletes.
CrossFit Games OPEN 18.1 TEENS
On Sunday, we have two registered Teens who will be attacking the OPEN 18.1 workout at 9:30am.
If you’re around, come in and cheer them on!
A few reminders for the CrossFit Games OPEN 18.1:
If you missed the OPEN workout on Friday, you may may make it up on Sunday during basic training between 9:30-10:30am.
- As always, review the workout movement standards and expectations at https://games.crossfit.com.
- Please arrange for your own judge to meet you there. Note: coaches are not be able judge OPEN athletes during regular class times.
Remember, you must submit your score at https://games.crossfit.com before 8pm on Monday (this is different than submitting your score on Wodify).
- CrossFit Games does not accept late submissions.
- Your score will display on the Games site after we verify your score card.
- The leaderboard typically doesn’t settle until Wednesday, so hold off from “leaderboarding” (refreshing the screen at a frantic pace on Tuesday morning) 🙂
You have until MONDAY to submit your nomination for “Hardest worker” and “Spirit of the Games” award.
- At the box, we have a shoe box with notecards (oldschool style).
- Please fill out card with the nominee’s name and a sentence or two why you think they deserve the award.
- We’ll announce the winner and award the team points Wednesday.
Recover well, train smart, eat well, sleep plenty. The CrossFit Games OPEN 18.2 is just around the corner!