WHAT IS THE CHALLENGE?
The Level Up Nutrition & Lifestyle Challenge is a habit based program to help you achieve your body composition and performance goals. The challenge begins Monday, Sept 9 and runs through Sunday, Oct 20. All nutrition challenge rules are below.
Do you want to lose body fat, gain muscle, perform your best at the gym or gain more energy for life?
Then this challenge is for you!
Nutrition is the cornerstone for optimal mental and physical performance.
No matter your goal, the 6-week Level Up Nutrition & Lifestyle Challenge will introduce nutrition and lifestyle changes in an incremental way resulting in the ability to lose body fat, build muscle, and, most importantly, learn how to maintain these results moving forward.
You will gain the tools and knowledge necessary to achieve your goals in an approachable, sustainable way.
Heading up the program is Coach Angela Salveo: CF-L2 Coach, Precision Nutrition Coach, 7-year CrossFit Athlete and International Masters Weightlifter.
HOW TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE?
Decide- Make a decision that your health is worth it. Kick off fall and attack your goals stronger than ever!
Commit- Tell a friend and sign up for the challenge together for the ultimate level of accountability.
Dominate- Everyone is on their own journey, so you have options! Choose a level for each goal and challenge yourself to make at least one positive change every day. They all add up!
IT’S THAT SIMPLE.
Sign up today: levelupfall2019.wodifyrise.com
WHAT THIS CHALLENGE IS NOT…
…A quick fix. You are starting a nutrition and lifestyle make-over. It requires a long-term investment. 6 weeks is just the beginning to guide you in the right direction so you can produce long-term results!
…A meal plan. Specific meal plans are simply not sustainable. You will, however, receive guidance about what kinds of foods to eat and how much to eat to ensure you’re getting enough macro- & micro-nutrients.
…A deep dive into unique needs. This challenge is designed to introduce better eating & lifestyle habits. For more specific individual coaching needs (emotional eating, counting macros, nutrient timing, eating to perform, weight-cuts, etc.), we are offering the option of individual nutrition coaching at a discounted rate (50% off) throughout the challenge. Take advantage of this incredible value by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
LEVEL UP CHALLENGE RULES
Rules: Eat only whole (unprocessed), nutrient-dense foods from the food list. This will be entered in the “food journal” section.
- LEVEL 1: Made one positive change today. (1 point)
- LEVEL 2: Stuck to the food list for at least two meals and two snacks. (3 points)
- LEVEL 3: Stuck to the food list for all meals and snacks. (5 points)
NUTRITION QUANTITY (PORTIONS & HYDRATION)
Rules: Follow portion guidelines and hydration guidelines.
Eat 3 scheduled meals and 2-3 planned mini meals/snacks (**no mindless picking when you’re bored)
Eat only to satisfied, never stuffed.
- LEVEL 1: Made one positive change today (1 point)
- LEVEL 2: Stuck to the portion guidelines for at least two meals and one mini meal. Made hydration goal by at least 80%. (3 points)
- LEVEL 3: Stuck to the portion/hydration guidelines all day. (5 points)
What if I’m following macros?
For those of you who are already weighing/measuring your food and following prescribed macros under the guidance of a nutrition coach, you are encouraged to continue doing that during the nutrition challenge. If this is the case, your scoring will look like this:
- LEVEL 1: You are more than + or – 15 grams away from your planned target ranges (0 points)
- LEVEL 2: You stay within + or – 15 grams of protein & carb macronutrient target. And within + or – 10 grams of fat macros (3 points)
- LEVEL 3: You stay within + or – 10 grams of protein & carb macronutrient target. And within + or – 5 grams of fat macros (5 points)
Rules: Follow sleep guidelines for your age range.
Note: this will be scored for the NIGHT BEFORE.
See sleeping tips and bedtime routine tips on our blog.
- LEVEL 1: Slept within 1 hour of recommendations. AND made one positive change to establish a bedtime routine. (1 point)
- LEVEL 2: Slept within 30 minutes of recommendations. AND turned off electronics 15 minutes before bedtime. (3 points)
- LEVEL 3: Slept according to the recommendations AND turned off electronics 30 minutes before bedtime. AND followed a 10 minute bedtime routine (such as stretching, meditation, reading, etc). (5 points)
Remember, a little bit of activity goes a long way. Whether it’s a walk outside or a superset of pushups and sit ups, any exercise is better than no exercise. That’s why getting up and moving around is a big component of our lifestyle challenge. Working out at home? Check out free workout apps like NikeTrainingClub for some fun, free workouts.
Dedicate time in your schedule each week to make exercise a priority. And remember to tell a friend when you’re going to help you stay accountable.
- LEVEL 1: Made one positive change today (like taking the stairs, standing on a conference call or parking further from the door). (1 point)
- LEVEL 2: Completed at least 20 minutes of physical activity. (3 points)
- LEVEL 3: Completed at least 45 minutes of physical activity (if it is your recovery day, this means adding in a low intensity workout, like a walk). (5 points)
Mobility (stretching, myofascial release, etc.) can alleviate ‘everyday’ aches and pains as well as improve our body awareness & performance.
- LEVEL 1: Stretch and/or roll for at least 5 minutes. (1 point)
- LEVEL 2: Stretch and/or roll for at least 10 minutes. (3 points)
- LEVEL 3: Stretch and/or roll for a minimum of 15 minutes. (5 points)
Implement stress-relieving techniques to take better care of your mind, body and spirit. This can be meditation, yoga, taking a bath, walk, organizing a messy area, talking to a friend, drawing, getting a massage, taking a nap, etc. Everyone is affected by stress differently, so try a variety of strategies to discover which ones are the most effective for you.
Note: Screen-time for the purpose of this challenge is referring time spent on devices such as a smartphone/tablet doing recreational activities such as gaming, getting sucked down the social media rabbit hole, etc.
- LEVEL 1: Destress for at least 5 minutes. (1 point)
- LEVEL 2: Destress for at least 10 minutes. (3 points)
- LEVEL 3: Destress for a minimum of 10 minutes AND limit recreational screen-time to less than 1 hour each day. (5 points)