WHAT IS THE FAMILY CHALLENGE?
The “RESET” Friends & Family Foundation Nutrition & Lifestyle Challenge is a habit based program to help you achieve your energy, body composition and performance goals. The challenge begins Monday, January 13 and runs through Sunday, February 23.
Improve your health & wellness in 6 weeks by adding a new habit every week. All nutrition challenge rules are below.
WHO IS THE FAMILY CHALLENGE FOR?
Do you want more energy, perform your best at the gym, sports or school, lose body fat or gain muscle? Maybe you simply want an opportunity to motivate your family to make positive changes.
Then this challenge is for you!
Nutrition is the cornerstone for optimal mental and physical performance.
No matter your goal, the 6-week “RESET” Friends & Family Foundation Nutrition & Lifestyle Challenge will introduce nutrition and lifestyle changes in an achievable way resulting in the ability to make big changes and maintain these results moving forward.
Each participant must have their own log-in or device to track points.
You will gain the tools and knowledge necessary to achieve your goals in an approachable, sustainable way.
MEET YOUR NUTRITION COACHES
Heading up the program is Coach Angela Salveo: CF-L2 Coach, Certified Precision Nutrition Coach, 7-year CrossFit Athlete and International Masters Weightlifter.
Also joining the Foundation Nutrition Coaching staff, meet Coach Camilla Gluckstein: Certified WAG (Working Against Gravity) Nutrition Coach and World-Ranked trampoline athlete.
HOW TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE?
Decide- Make a decision that your health is worth it. Kick off the New Year and attack your goals stronger than ever!
Commit- Tell your family and sign up for the challenge together for the ultimate level of accountability.
Dominate- Everyone is on their own journey, so you have options! Choose a level for each goal and challenge yourself to make at least one positive change every day. They all add up!
IT’S THAT SIMPLE.
Sign up today: reset-2020.wodifyrise.com
WHAT THIS CHALLENGE IS NOT…
…A quick fix. You are starting a nutrition and lifestyle make-over. It requires a long-term investment. 6 weeks is just the beginning to guide you in the right direction so you can make long-term results!
…A meal plan. Specific meal plans are simply not sustainable. You will, however, receive guidance about what kinds of foods to eat and how much to eat to ensure you’re getting enough macro- & micro-nutrients.
…A deep dive into unique needs. This challenge is designed to introduce better eating & lifestyle habits. For more specific individual coaching needs (emotional eating, counting macros, nutrient timing, eating to perform, weight-cuts, etc.), we are offering the option of individual nutrition coaching at a discounted rate (50% off) throughout the challenge.
Take advantage of this incredible value with Coach Angela or Coach Camilla by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
RESET CHALLENGE RULES
Rules: Eat only whole (unprocessed), nutrient-dense foods from the food list. This will be entered in the “food journal” section.
- LEVEL 1: Made one positive change today. (1 point)
- LEVEL 2: Stuck to the food list for at least two meals and two snacks. (3 points)
- LEVEL 3: Stuck to the food list for all meals and snacks. (5 points)
Note: for kids we want the focus to be on adding in nutrient-dense foods and using this as an opportunity to teach them about healthy replacements. For example, encourage them to try a new vegetable at dinner (level 1) or to replace their morning cereal with eggs and fruit.
NUTRITION QUANTITY (PORTIONS & HYDRATION)
Eat 3 scheduled meals and 2-3 planned mini meals/snacks (**no mindless picking when you’re bored)
Eat only to satisfied, never stuffed.
- LEVEL 1: Made one positive change today (1 point)
- LEVEL 2: Stuck to the portion guidelines for at least two meals and one mini meal. Made hydration goal by at least 80%. (3 points)
- LEVEL 3: Stuck to the portion/hydration guidelines all day. (5 points)
What if I’m following macros?
For those of you who are already weighing/measuring your food and following prescribed macros under the guidance of a nutrition coach, you are encouraged to continue doing that during the nutrition challenge. If this is the case, your scoring will look like this:
- LEVEL 1: You are more than + or – 15 grams away from your planned target ranges (0 points)
- LEVEL 2: You stay within + or – 15 grams of protein & carb macronutrient target. And within + or – 10 grams of fat macros (3 points)
- LEVEL 3: You stay within + or – 10 grams of protein & carb macronutrient target. And within + or – 5 grams of fat macros (5 points)
Rules: Follow sleep guidelines for your age range.
Note: this will be scored for the NIGHT BEFORE.
- LEVEL 1: Slept within 1 hour of recommendations. AND made one positive change to establish a bedtime routine. (1 point)
- LEVEL 2: Slept within 30 minutes of recommendations. AND turned off electronics 15 minutes before bedtime. (3 points)
- LEVEL 3: Slept according to the recommendations AND turned off electronics 30 minutes before bedtime. AND followed a 10 minute bedtime routine (such as stretching, meditation, reading, etc). (5 points)
Remember, a little bit of activity goes a long way. Whether it’s a walk outside or a superset of pushups and sit ups, any exercise is better than no exercise. That’s why getting up and moving around is a big component of our lifestyle challenge. Working out at home? Check out free workout apps like NikeTrainingClub for some fun, free workouts.
Dedicate time in your schedule each week to make exercise a priority. And remember to tell your team when you’re going to help you stay accountable.
- LEVEL 1: Made one positive change today (like taking the stairs, standing on a conference call or parking further from the door). (1 point)
- LEVEL 2: Completed at least 20 minutes of physical activity. (3 points)
- LEVEL 3: Completed at least 45 minutes of physical activity (if it is your recovery day, this means adding in a low intensity workout, like a walk). (5 points)
Implement stress-relieving techniques to take better care of your mind, body and spirit. This can be meditation, yoga, taking a bath, walk, organizing a messy area, talking to a friend, drawing, getting a massage, taking a nap, etc. Everyone is affected by stress differently, so try a variety of strategies to discover which ones are the most effective for you.
- LEVEL 1: Destress for at least 5 minutes. (1 point)
- LEVEL 2: Destress for at least 10 minutes. (3 points)
- LEVEL 3: Destress for a minimum of 10 minutes AND limit recreational screen-time to less than 1 hour each day. (5 points)
Note: Screen-time for the purpose of this challenge is referring time spent on devices such as a smartphone/tablet doing recreational activities such as gaming, mindlessly scrolling…aka: getting sucked down the social media rabbit hole, etc.
Mobility, stretching, myofascial release, etc., can alleviate ‘everyday’ aches and pains as well as improve our body awareness & performance.
- LEVEL 1: Stretch and/or roll for at least 5 minutes. (1 point)
- LEVEL 2: Stretch and/or roll for at least 10 minutes. (3 points)
- LEVEL 3: Stretch and/or roll for a minimum of 15 minutes. (5 points)
WEEKLY BONUS CHALLENGE SPONSORED BY VITARGO
New this year, we’re introducing a weekly bonus challenge sponsored by Vitargo Sports Drink. This challenge will be team-based and can include things like quick partner workouts or recipe sharing.
Simply by participating in the challenge, you will receive 2 bonus points. The winning team of the weekly challenge will receive a tub of Vitargo!
Winners will be verified via social media using the hashtags: #VitargoResetChallenge #FoundationNutrition
Stay tuned for weekly challenge details.