ACHIEVE THE RESULTS YOU WANT WITH THE ACCOUNTABILITY YOU NEED
RESET NUTRITION & HEALTHY HABITS CHALLENGE
Wednesday, January 12- Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Ready to RESET your healthy habits and get back on track for 2022?
Let's start in the kitchen!
Our mission at Salus is to help you make life-long changes.
But, if you’re not sure what to eat, how much to eat or when to eat, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and not even start.
So, what does this challenge look like?
While the specifics will look different for everyone, we will all follow the same theme (kids included):
-Eat good, clean foods in the right amounts
-Move your body often
-Recover your body through stress management and sleep
Pretty simple, right?
But, too often, nutrition is the most overwhelming, confusing, and time-consuming thing on that list. That’s why we make it easy to follow with a food list and daily tasks to accomplish.
Cost of Challenge
One month of individual nutrition coaching: $185 (get challenge for free!)
The 1 month of nutrition coaching can be used simultaneously or immediately after the challenge.
Challenge runs: Wednesday, January 12- Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Join Your Gym’s Challenge
Points will be based on the following:
-Following the Food List (Track your meals on the app.)
-Daily Nutrition Task (Each day, you’ll receive a new task that has a nutrition focus and the reasoning behind why it’s so important.)
-Make time for Exercise (Take a class or do a workout at home.)
-Recover your Body (Incorporate stress management and get enough sleep.)
Challenge consults begin the first week of January.
Schedule your appointment HERE.
Get an extra layer of accountability!
- Private Nutrition coaching may used simultaneously with the 3-week challenge or immediately after the challenge is over.
- Price includes one month of one-on-one nutrition coaching (get the challenge free!)
- Message Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org for the code to sign up for the challenge for free.
Ready to make some lasting changes?
I want you to succeed! All challengers are expected to:
- Commit to the entire 3-week challenge
- Follow your nutrition, fitness, and recovery habits. This takes discipline but it’s proven to work!
- Track all tasks daily.
1. Individual Nutrition Coaching for 1 Month + Salus Insulated Shaker Bottle
2. Recovery Room Package at Salus/Andare
3. YOLKED Protein Enhancer
4. Vitargo Carbohydrate Powder
5. More to come!
What is the RESET Nutrition Challenge?
The RESET Challenge is a habit based program to help you achieve your energy, body composition and performance goals.
The challenge runs 3 weeks: Wednesday, January 12- Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Improve your health & wellness in 3 weeks tracking health and nutrition habits every day.
- Eat good, clean foods in the right amounts
- Move your body often
- Recover your body through stress management and sleep
Where is the Food List?
You can find a printable food list here.
What this challenge is NOT...
…A quick fix. You are starting a nutrition and lifestyle make-over. It requires a long-term investment. This is just the beginning to guide you in the right direction so you can make long-term results!
…A meal plan. Specific meal plans are simply not sustainable. You will, however, receive guidance about what kinds of foods to eat and how much to eat to ensure you’re getting enough macro- & micro-nutrients.
…A deep dive into unique needs. This challenge is designed to introduce better eating & lifestyle habits. For more specific individual coaching needs (emotional eating, counting macros, nutrient timing, eating to perform, weight-cuts, etc.), we are offering the option of individual nutrition coaching at a discounted rate for challenge participants.
Take advantage of this incredible value with Coach Angela or Coach Camilla by contacting email@example.com.
Who is the Challenge for?
Do you want more energy, perform your best at the gym, sports or school, lose body fat or gain muscle?
Then this challenge is for you!
Nutrition is the cornerstone for optimal mental and physical performance.
No matter your goal, this challenge will introduce nutrition and lifestyle changes in an achievable way resulting in the ability to make big changes and maintain these results moving forward.
Each participant must have their own log-in or device to track points.
You will gain the tools and knowledge necessary to achieve your goals in an approachable, sustainable way.
Carbs. What's approved (and not approved)?
Aim to get your carbohydrates from whole sources as much as possible.
- Sweet & white Potato
- Winter Squash (butternut, acorn, pumpkin)
- All the fruits
- All the veggies
- Brown, Wild Rice
- Sprouted Grain Bread
STAY AWAY FROM
- Any packaged foods with sugar or sweetener (except stevia & coconut sugars) as an ingredient (look for hidden names of sugar).
- Chips made with any non compliant oils
- Dried fruit with added sugars
- White rice, bread, bagels, pasta etc
- Flour tortillas
- Restaurant french fries (white or sweet potato)
Protein. What's approved (and not approved)?
When possible, choose grass-fed, pastured, organic and wild sources of skinless protein such as:
- Duck, Fowl
- Fish: fresh and canned in water (tuna, salmon, sardines)
- Deli meats containing ONLY meat, water, seasoning, or salt
- Bacon (w/o sugar or nitrates)
- Beans & other legumes (lentils and chickpeas)
STAY AWAY FROM
- Nitrates/nitrites (often found in deli meat)
- Soy (edamame, tofu, miso etc)
- Highly processed protein bars
- Protein powder with added sugars
Fats. What's approved (and not approved)?
Opt for healthy fat options. Be smart. Read the label.
- Grass Fed Butter & cheese
- Yogurts without added sugars
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado oil
- Macadamia oil
- Homemade dressings
- Raw Nuts and Seeds
- Raw nut butter without sugar
STAY AWAY FROM
- Hydrogenated oil
- Industrial vegetable and seed oils, including soy, corn, peanut, sunflower, safflower, or canola oils
- Processed cheese, sour cream, cream
What about alcohol?
Wine & spirits will be allowed during the challenge on two days/week only.
Wine – Limit 5 oz per day
Spirits – Limit 1.5 oz per day
(not to be saved up for one occasion)
Where can I find approved recipes?
Looking for “approved” recipe ideas? Here are a few great sites to check out:
Do you have any favorite recipes? Share them!
What are some healthy swaps?
The key is to read the ingredients list. You’ll be surprised, you might find some healthy alternatives/swaps out there that are “compliant.” Here are some ideas:
- Instead of a seemingly healthy Nature Valley Granola Bars (ingredients: Whole Grain Oats, Sugar, Canola Oil, Rice Flour, Honey, Salt, Brown Sugar Syrup, Baking Soda, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor), opt for a Larabar (Dates. Almonds. Walnuts. Cocoa Powder. Sea Salt.) or an RX bar (egg whites, nuts, date).
- Instead of regular pasta (ingredient semolina flour- a refined white flour with minimal nutrients) opt for brown rice pasta (brown rice, water).
- Instead of microwave popcorn with hydrogenated oils, pop your own on the stovetop with coconut oil and sea salt.
- Instead of Aunt Jemima pancake mix (ingredients: enriched bleached flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), salt, calcium carbonate), opt for Birch Benders Paleo pancake mix (cassava flour, organic coconut flour, almond flour, eggs, leavening, salt, monk fruit, spice.)
- Instead of sugar filled breakfast cereals, serve up oatmeal with mashed banana inside!
- Instead of a sandwich for lunch, consider packing a small thermos with last night’s “approved” leftovers.
- Instead of restaurant french fries (will most likely be fried in yuck oils), make your own “fried” potatoes or sweet potatoes with coconut or olive oil and bake!
- Check out more great swaps: https://greatist.com/eat/whole30-approved-kitchen-staples
What about liquid?
Only water, herbal tea, coconut water, coffee, Vitargo or approved pre/post workout supplements are allowed. Wine & spirits are allowed twice a week (one serving per day).
Beer, gatorade, soda (diet or regular), etc. are considered non-compliant.
Caffeinated and alcoholic drinks will NOT count toward hydration amount.
What happens when I go out to eat?
While we understand events, parties and celebrations will come up. For 6-weeks, we are asking you to plan ahead. If you do eat out, do your best to eat within the portion and food choice guidelines. Unless you know exactly how your meal was prepared, you cannot receive full points for it. This is called a challenge for a reason and we want to maximize your results in this 6-week time span.
What about sweeteners?
The only source of sweetener should come from whole foods (aka: fruit), stevia, monkfruit or coconut sugar, honey & real maple syrup is also allowed in moderation (no more than 1tbsp twice a week). Table sugar, high fructose corn syrup and all other artificial sweeteners are not compliant. READ LABELS!
What condiments are allowed?
Balsamic vinegar (must be the only ingredient), red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, mustard, hot sauce (check label for additives/sugar), spices and seasonings are okay (read the ingredients list!), garlic cloves, herbs.