What We Are Doing to Help Keep You Safe + Tips for Staying Healthy
WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED PER GOVERNOR MURPHY
In accordance with Governor Murphy’s announcement on COVID-19 made earlier Monday, March 16, 2020, we are closed until further notice.
This is an incredibly stressful situation for so many of us…especially as a small business owner. Thank you so much for all your messages of support through this uneasy time. We appreciate having such an amazing community surrounding us.
Please read below…
1. “Salus At Home” IS ON!
“Salus At Home” workouts will be our new program during this time. We will continue to provide regular programming for those who have equipment at home.
Be sure to continue to “log-in,” enter results and stay connected to the community. And, hey…please tag us on social media so we can share the virtual love 🙂
2. “CHECK IT OUT!” We will be loaning equipment!
If you need to borrow equipment, will be checking out limited equipment (FREE for members) for certain WODs. Stay tuned on these details and we will make (non contact) doorstep arrangements.
3. Keep your kids fit at home with a fun & simple challenge!
Kids & Teens classes are also still on the schedule, but we are also offering a 2-week FIT challenge they can do at home.
This challenge is only $4 (mostly to cover app fees) and open to any kids Nationwide. So, please share it with your friends! gameon.wodifyrise.com
4. Stay connected!
It’s more important than ever to stay connected. Please remember to join our Private Facebook Group!
Thank you for your continued support and understanding. We’ll all get through this stronger on the other side.
The health and safety of the Salus family is our priority. With concerns about the coronavirus, we understand you may have questions about how we can all do our part to stay healthy.
We want to share the actions we’re taking to help protect our members and our team— and what you can do to help.
What We Are Doing at Salus:
- Closely monitoring the situation and taking action. We’re following updates on COVID-19, including guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health officials. We’ll continue to take actions necessary to help protect our community.
- Cleaning routines have been amplified to a disinfect process between each class.
- Cleaning facility thoroughly (including floors and and bathrooms) with a heavy-duty cleaner. (This has ALWAYS been a standard practice)
- Disinfecting equipment, kiosk, door knobs, light switches, benches, etc. (As usual)
- Changing HEPA air filters monthly (Standard practice to ensure the IAQ is as clean as possible)
- Purchasing more soap, paper towels, disinfectant (and toilet paper).
- Providing two different disinfectant options: Sol-U-Guard (EPA-registered botanical disinfectant) and disinfectant wipes. This gives you more control to utilize your disinfectant of choice.
Ways to Stay Healthy and Boost Your Immune System:
- Get lots of rest. Check out this blog on the importance of sleep!
- Eat a clean, healthy diet rich in antioxidants (fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, nuts…)
- Continue your exercise program.
- Keep stress levels down.
- Include natural remedies to build up your defenses.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water. This is one of the best ways your we protect ourselves from the spread of germs—it will help protect you, too! Remember to clean the ‘webs’ between fingers and thumbs and wash for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly your eyes, nose or mouth, with your hands.
- If you or your kids are sick—stay home to prevent infecting others.
- Clean any equipment you use (barbell, kettlebell, rower, pullup bar, jump rope handles, etc) before/after use.
- Use your phone instead of the kiosk to enter your scores.
- Stay informed. The CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO) are updating their sites with the latest information.
We will continue to do everything we can to over-prepare and be a safe, happy place for everyone. Small actions can make a big difference when everyone helps out — thanks for doing your part!
You Have Options:
Still feeling uneasy about being around a group in public? Our current options include:
- Private Coaching– If you prefer working out alone, we have options for 1-on-1 and tandem sessions (30-or 60-minute sessions)
- Nutrition Coaching– Get all the support and accountability you need to succeed with your nutrition and other lifestyle habits.
- Rent a Platform– Ideal for those who might just want to lift on their own time.
- Personalized Fitness Planning- Have a home gym and want your own personal program? Your coach will create a personalized fitness plan (3 workouts/week) to meet your goals.
In addition, we are also working on several ideas to help you stay engaged and motivated in the case of a government-mandated quarantine (stay tuned):
- At-home WOD options (to keep you motivated)
- Quick nutrition challenges (to help you stay healthy)
- Core strength workouts you can do at home (because summer’s still coming!)
- …and more.