Congratulations to Brian Reilly for being our September Athlete of the Month! Although he may be quiet, he’s incredibly strong, one of our most consistent members and still progressing and challenging himself daily! Recently finishing up Foundation Nutrition Coaching, Brian lost 6% of body fat, losing 13 pounds (none of which was a muscle loss). And he’s not done with his goals as he heads into the maintenance program with Coach Angela to keep the momentum going strong!
Like most of us, Brian fought through some injuries, but that didn’t stop him from becoming healthier than ever!
We’re happy Patrick didn’t let up on inviting you to the box, Brian, you’ve been amazing to watch progress! Keep up the great work.
Brian Reilly on Becoming Healthier Than Ever!
Athlete of the Month September 2018
1. When and why did you start CrossFit?
I started about 3 years ago.
I did it because I was bored with my workout and Patrick kept inviting me to come.
2. How has your performance changed since you started CrossFit?
I am doing a wider range of different things that cover all areas of the body as opposed to the standard push & pull.
3. Are there exercises you can do now that you couldn’t do before?
Sure, I never did a clean & jerk or a snatch in my life.
4. How has your body physically changed since you started?
5. How do you describe CrossFit to your friends?
It is a great workout with amazing supportive people and a community of people who are pulling for each other.
6. What keeps you motivated to continue?
I would never do these workouts on my own. It keeps me in great shape.
7. Favorite lift or WOD?
I like deadlifts & backsquats.
9. What advice would you give to a newbie just joining CrossFit Salus?
It takes a while to get used to, (be patient) you will get it and see results.
Stick around until the miracle happens.”