Ready to shed those last few pounds and get your summer bod back?
Let’s start in the kitchen!
Over the three weeks in between Memorial Day and 4th of July, you’ll be dialing in your food, fitness, and (new this year) individual habits!
Not only that, but before the challenge even starts, you’ll meet with Coach Angela to identify your OWN INDIVIDUAL TASK to track over the three weeks.
Challenge runs June 10-30.
Play by the rules, be honest and you’ll see great results.
Points will be based on the following:
-Following the Food List (Track your meals on the app and follow daily nutrition tasks)
-Getting in Exercise (Take a class or do the workout provided)
-Tracking Your Own Personalized Habit (Before the challenge even starts, meet with Coach Angela to identify your OWN INDIVIDUAL TASK to track over the three weeks.)
Individual consults are required to set personalized habit/tasks and will take place June 1-9 to establish your individual habit task.
Schedule your appointment HERE.
Thursday, June 10 – Wednesday, June 30
- 3 weeks to get that beach bod back!
- Dial in your food, fitness, and individual habits.
- Individual consults are required between June 1-9.
Get an extra layer of accountability!
- Private coaching may used simultaneously with the 3-week challenge or immediately after the challenge is over.
- Price includes one month of individual coaching and the 3-week challenge.
- Message Angela directly for code to sign up for the challenge for free.
THIS 3-MONTH PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- In-depth consultation
- 3 months of total accountability and support
- Dietary analysis
- Health history review
- Personalized nutrition plan
- Professional guidance, feedback
- Lifestyle and habit counseling
- (12) 1-on-1 weekly follow-up sessions
- Unlimited email access
Meet Your Coaches
You work hard in the gym.
It’s time to dial in your nutrition, to…
…get that body back!
What is the Summer Shred Nutrition Challenge?
The Summer Shred Challenge is a habit based program to help you achieve your energy, body composition and performance goals. The challenge begins Thursday, June 10 through Wednesday, June 30.
Improve your health & wellness in 3 weeks tracking health and nutrition habits every day.
1. Nutrition: Eat good, clean foods in the right amounts
2. Exercise: Move your body often
3. Individual Habits: Based on meeting with Coach Angela (this could be hydration, Macros, portions, sleep, stress management, etc.)
Where is the Food List?
You can find a printable food list here.
What this challenge is NOT...
…A quick fix. You are starting a nutrition and lifestyle make-over. It requires a long-term investment. This is just the beginning to guide you in the right direction so you can make long-term results!
…A meal plan. Specific meal plans are simply not sustainable. You will, however, receive guidance about what kinds of foods to eat and how much to eat to ensure you’re getting enough macro- & micro-nutrients.
…A deep dive into unique needs. This challenge is designed to introduce better eating & lifestyle habits. For more specific individual coaching needs (emotional eating, counting macros, nutrient timing, eating to perform, weight-cuts, etc.), we are offering the option of individual nutrition coaching at a discounted rate for challenge participants.
Take advantage of this incredible value with Coach Angela or Coach Camilla by contacting email@example.com.
Who is the Challenge for?
Do you want more energy, perform your best at the gym, sports or school, lose body fat or gain muscle?
Then this challenge is for you!
Nutrition is the cornerstone for optimal mental and physical performance.
No matter your goal, this challenge will introduce nutrition and lifestyle changes in an achievable way resulting in the ability to make big changes and maintain these results moving forward.
Each participant must have their own log-in or device to track points.
You will gain the tools and knowledge necessary to achieve your goals in an approachable, sustainable way.
Carbs. What's approved (and not approved)?
Aim to get your carbohydrates from whole sources as much as possible.
- Sweet & white Potato
- Winter Squash (butternut, acorn, pumpkin)
- All the fruits
- All the veggies
- Brown, Wild Rice
- Sprouted Grain Bread
STAY AWAY FROM
- Any packaged foods with sugar or sweetener (except stevia & coconut sugars) as an ingredient (look for hidden names of sugar).
- Chips made with any non compliant oils
- Dried fruit with added sugars
- White rice, bread, bagels, pasta etc
- Flour tortillas
- Restaurant french fries (white or sweet potato)
Protein. What's approved (and not approved)?
When possible, choose grass-fed, pastured, organic and wild sources of skinless protein such as:
- Duck, Fowl
- Fish: fresh and canned in water (tuna, salmon, sardines)
- Deli meats containing ONLY meat, water, seasoning, or salt
- Bacon (w/o sugar or nitrates)
- Beans & other legumes (lentils and chickpeas)
STAY AWAY FROM
- Nitrates/nitrites (often found in deli meat)
- Soy (edamame, tofu, miso etc)
- Highly processed protein bars
- Protein powder with added sugars
Fats. What's approved (and not approved)?
Opt for healthy fat options. Be smart. Read the label.
- Grass Fed Butter & cheese
- Yogurts without added sugars
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado oil
- Macadamia oil
- Homemade dressings
- Raw Nuts and Seeds
- Raw nut butter without sugar
STAY AWAY FROM
- Hydrogenated oil
- Industrial vegetable and seed oils, including soy, corn, peanut, sunflower, safflower, or canola oils
- Processed cheese, sour cream, cream
What about alcohol?
Wine & spirits will be allowed during the challenge on two days/week only.
Wine – Limit 5 oz per day
Spirits – Limit 1.5 oz per day
(not to be saved up for one occasion)
Where can I find approved recipes?
Looking for “approved” recipe ideas? Here are a few great sites to check out:
Do you have any favorite recipes? Share them!
What are some healthy swaps?
The key is to read the ingredients list. You’ll be surprised, you might find some healthy alternatives/swaps out there that are “compliant.” Here are some ideas:
- Instead of a seemingly healthy Nature Valley Granola Bars (ingredients: Whole Grain Oats, Sugar, Canola Oil, Rice Flour, Honey, Salt, Brown Sugar Syrup, Baking Soda, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor), opt for a Larabar (Dates. Almonds. Walnuts. Cocoa Powder. Sea Salt.) or an RX bar (egg whites, nuts, date).
- Instead of regular pasta (ingredient semolina flour- a refined white flour with minimal nutrients) opt for brown rice pasta (brown rice, water).
- Instead of microwave popcorn with hydrogenated oils, pop your own on the stovetop with coconut oil and sea salt.
- Instead of Aunt Jemima pancake mix (ingredients: enriched bleached flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), salt, calcium carbonate), opt for Birch Benders Paleo pancake mix (cassava flour, organic coconut flour, almond flour, eggs, leavening, salt, monk fruit, spice.)
- Instead of sugar filled breakfast cereals, serve up oatmeal with mashed banana inside!
- Instead of a sandwich for lunch, consider packing a small thermos with last night’s “approved” leftovers.
- Instead of restaurant french fries (will most likely be fried in yuck oils), make your own “fried” potatoes or sweet potatoes with coconut or olive oil and bake!
- Check out more great swaps: https://greatist.com/eat/whole30-approved-kitchen-staples
What about liquid?
Only water, herbal tea, coconut water, coffee, Vitargo or approved pre/post workout supplements are allowed. Wine & spirits are allowed twice a week (one serving per day).
Beer, gatorade, soda (diet or regular), etc. are considered non-compliant.
Caffeinated and alcoholic drinks will NOT count toward hydration amount.
What happens when I go out to eat?
While we understand events, parties and celebrations will come up. For 6-weeks, we are asking you to plan ahead. If you do eat out, do your best to eat within the portion and food choice guidelines. Unless you know exactly how your meal was prepared, you cannot receive full points for it. This is called a challenge for a reason and we want to maximize your results in this 6-week time span.
What about sweeteners?
The only source of sweetener should come from whole foods (aka: fruit), stevia, monkfruit or coconut sugar, honey & real maple syrup is also allowed in moderation (no more than 1tbsp twice a week). Table sugar, high fructose corn syrup and all other artificial sweeteners are not compliant. READ LABELS!
What condiments are allowed?
Balsamic vinegar (must be the only ingredient), red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, mustard, hot sauce (check label for additives/sugar), spices and seasonings are okay (read the ingredients list!), garlic cloves, herbs.
Nutrition Coaching for Andare Fitness Company
- Dial in your nutrition.
- Get your energy back.
- Supercharge performance.
- Optimize body composition.
- Transform your life.
Questions? I’m here to help! Simply fill out the form and I’ll be in touch.